20080915

The problem with all-in-one solutions....

...is that they aim to solve everything, and often fall short of the goal. Take Myspace for instance. A mix of instant messaging, blogging, microblogging, and e-mailing to keep up with contacts seems like a great idea, but it lacks mobile interoperability (like Twitter and Blogger), and is so slow and bloated that it takes forever to load the page.

I don't need shiny pretty graphics all over the place. Let me post the info I want to post, and I'll make shiny happy graphics later. The Internet, after all, is primarily a place where people gather and share data, right?

So, with that said, I've posted a single blog onto my Myspace page. It links here.

If you've come here from my Myspace, I offer you a warm fuzzy welcome, complete with lint roller (you'll need it). If you didn't, well, I don't have anything to offer you. This blog is primarily a mind-dump for me, and I often joke with myself. As long as I make myself laugh, "that's half the battle" (Craig Ferguson).

If you happen to be as odd as I am, then maybe you'll get a laugh or two as well.

Take care,
Rob

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Vince here.

Yeah most all of my blogging is done on LiveJournal. It's not the myspace lugging behemoth that annoys me (firefox plus additions means I've trimmed the fat off what I deal with largely). It's that everything is too public. If I post a blog I want to be able to target it to certain readers and not just any schmuck that happens to have gotten on my friend list or who wanders across my page. Oh I put stuff on there, but with the exception of mass anouncements it's all just crap I don't normall care about.

my 2cents